Sunday, July 13, 2008

The blessings of Charity

So I wanted to share an experience that we had yesterday. After we returned home from our trip to Washington we found ourselves with many money emergencies that came up within about 2 days some of which were giving to others (not to brag, but to bare testimony). Our budget became very tight after spending money to reserve a park pavillion for a homeschool activity which I was to be refunded at the party by the participants. I had ordered a few food storage items from a friend of mine and I was planning on paying her when we got the refund. Well because of our emergencies we didn't have the extra cash around so I was planning on paying her with our next pay check, no big deal.

Well I had planned a family dance for Friday where quite a while ago, I had paid to rent a pavilion at our local park. I had a health issue come up and could not be there so I asked a good friend of mine to be in charge. While she was there she asked all who came to donate some money to help pay for the pavilion. She came over yesterday with that money. I needed $74.50 for the items I had ordered. I counted it and the total was $75.50!

I know that when you are willing to give no matter what your situation is you will be blessed! Also this experience was a testimony of tithing. I am grateful for this truth in my life and for wonderful friends who were willing to be a part of this miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment