Thursday, October 16, 2008

Baby Benjamin

Benjamin Thomas Casselberry
Me and the baby
Liz and Benjamin

So a few weekends ago I got to experience birth from the watching point of view. My sister (I say sister, not sister in law, because that's what I really think of her) Monica had her 7th child on a peaceful Saturday evening. Our other sister Liz was also there to witness this event. It was fun to see how excited her other children were running around the house saying "My Mom's going to have our baby!!!" I love how kids are so excited to welcome new comers. Monica had her baby at home using the same midwife I had used for Gwen. Her name is Heather and she is wonderful and very calm. They all had thought the baby was going to be a girl. But to Sammy's (Monica's oldest daughter) disappointment and to my laughter, it was a boy weighing 6 pounds 4 ounces. I felt so sad for Sammy because her little heart was so set on having another sister. He was SO tiny. I was amazed at how calm Monica was through the whole birth process. She did such an wonderful job. Watching the whole process reminded me of what a wondrous miracle it is to birth a child. It's hard to deny that God's doesn't have a hand in it. For them to turn out so perfect is truly a miracle in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment