Saturday, February 14, 2009

Gwen's Birthday Gifts...

For Gwen's birthday this year I caught a project bug and made her a "Belle" dress out of an old $5 skirt I bought at DI and I repainted an old play kitchen I bought through Craig's list.
Gwen is in a "princess" phase and she loves Belle. The funny thing is that I made her the dress and she won't wear it. She prefers her ballerina clothes and a pair of sparkly shoes that were hand me downs and are 2 sizes too big! I've never had a 3 year old be so picky about what they wear. Hopefully she grows out of it!
For the play kitchen, I found this great old solid wood play kitchen on Craig's list for $10. It's made out of real cabinetry and counter top. The lady said all her children played with it and it was in perfect condition. I just changed it a little by adding paint and doing modge podge to the counter top with fun paper. Then I added new nobs and a hook on the side to hang aprons and dish towels on. Unlike the dress, Gwen loves it and plays with it several times a day. Even the older kids are into playing with it.





Part way through cutting it out... I always for get the before picture:







After:

Half way through the 7 layers of paint I had to apply...I suddenly remembered that I really don't like painting at this point :):

The finished product:





No comments:

Post a Comment