Thursday, May 6, 2010

Seeing My Friend Melissa

I just got back from a visit to Arizona to be with my dear friend Melissa who I have known since we were about 6 or 7 year old. She's in a battle for her life with stage 4 lung cancer. It was wonderful being with her and being able to help her. I loved spending time with her and making her laugh with some old letters she had written to me after her and her family had moved to Park City back when we were 13. It was funny to see how much we have grown up since then and how things that mattered then don't matter much now, except for our friendship. It was a good reminder of why we were such great friends and actually helped me to feel closer to her. We also got to hang out on her bed and watch movies, talk, sunbath by the pool and she also treated me to a manicure and a pedicure. She's an amazing person and we have a lot of the same feelings when it comes to living by principles. I'm so grateful to have had a little more time with her and I look forward to having more time with her. She's talking about have a big celebration party (instead of a wedding reception or something close to it) to celebrate her life and those going through cancer. I can't wait to be able to attend.

Melissa and I
Myself with Eva
My toes after the pedicure
Eva sunning by the pool

No comments:

Post a Comment