Sunday, August 15, 2010

Laugh

Majorie Pay Hinkley is truly someone I wish I had known. I loved her ability to make people laugh in such a fun way. I hope to be able to laugh more and find more joy when things get hard. One of the hardest lessons for me in my life is to find joy in trail. I love the song from "The King of Egypt" called "You Know Better Than I", which says that in your trail, you may not know why you are going through what you are going through, but God knows. We need to let go of what we think is best and put our trust in His will. Sounds so easy, doesn't it? Life does become easier when we trust in His plan. When we trust in His plan, then it's easier to find joy and laughter.

His plan is the Great Plan of Happiness. When life is hard, doesn't it make the good times even better? I find that through all the times I've been ill that it is such an amazing joy to be able to use my body to hike or play or be able to hug my kids. It's very hard to find joy when depression hits or when you feel alone. That is the time to see through the cloud of despair and to remember to look to Christ. To let Him in, knock and find Him. Then you can feel His loving arms surround you with His love. Will life still be difficult at times. Yes, it will, but your foundation will be sure, your purpose will have meaning. You will understand that these difficult times are to help you learn and you will have a new profound ability to be grateful for hard times. Your thoughts will turn from "Why me?!" to "That is so wonderful that I just got to learn that!!" That is what joy is in trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment