Sunday, February 13, 2011

What a treasure!

The other day I checked my mail and there was a package address to me that wasn't a part to a washing machine or wood stove or anyother house project.  I was so excited that I opened it before I got out of the car.  In it was a beautiful hand knit set with a note from my aunt that said this was an outfit that my grandmother knit for my aunt way back in 1964 and she thought it would look best on me :).  It brought tears to my eyes to think that I now have such a treasure from my grandmother who passed on about 6 years ago.  It was also even more meaningful because I just have learned to knit (a challange I have battled many times over the years) and I know how much time this must have taken her to complete.  It fits great and I wore it to church today and thought of the kindness my aunt had for thinking of me and I thought of my sweet grandmother and my childhood memories visiting her and my aunt each summer.  Thanks Aunt Ann and Grandma Jill!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I had an aunt who used to knit me outifts for me and my dolls. She passed away several years ago. I still have those outfits for my dolls and I treasure them and look forward to the time that Talia is old enough for me to pass them on to her. So sweet of your aunt to pass on that beautiful outfit! Loves to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete