Monday, February 20, 2012

JoAnne...I didn't forget you!!

I was browsing through my pictures this morning when I came across these pictures my sweet friend JoAnne took this summer.  I can't believe I did not post them!!

JoAnne is a good friend of mine that I met when Aaron and I were living in Kent, WA.  We met when we both had just 2 kids.  We hit it off as buddies.  She would call me almost everyday to tell me about great deals she had found, to chat about being moms to young children and life in general.  I don't think she knows it, but at that time in my life, I was really struggling with physical problems and was fighting depression.  Her phone calls ment so much to me and helped me cope with all that was happening.  JoAnn's humor is one to leave you in stiches.  She taught me some tight wad skills like, dumpster diving and using coupons with sale items.  We would have girl nights out and have dinner with our families.  I really enjoy being with her!

She now lives in a land far away (but not for long, they are moving to Utah!! WO WHO!) and comes to visit her parents who live in Utah once a year for a month at a time.  Her parents live 2 hours away from where I live so this past summer they invited us to come for a visit at her parents house.  Our kids had a great time, but I think JoAnn and I had a better time.  She took us to a cheese factory, to the park, we got away to go thrift shopping and hike and the kids had a fun time playing in the yard.

The following month she came back for Ed week at BYU.  I spent the last night with her in the dorms and went to a couple of classes.  Then she came to my house for a couple of nights and we went out on the town.  You can read more about it on her blog here.

She is an amazing photographer and I was lucky to have her take some beautiful pictures for us.  You can see more of her work here.



JoAnne and I


All of our kiddos



Slip and slide fun!





All worn out from the slip and slide and hanging out playing games.


At the park.





Beautiful Gwen


Eva's pretty Eyes.

Here are some pictures I took.  As you will see, her dad loves to garden and has an amazing yard.  I wish I had taken a few more pictures!
 

Her parents love to collect rocks and have quite a few.  Her dad let my kids pick on to polish in his shop.  They were so excited about this.



His wonderful vegtible garden.  I like how he used carpet for weed control.


It reminds me of a secret garden.  What a beautiful way to build a green house.


I like how he used old tires.  I didn't even notice at first that they were tires.  He turned them inside out and filled the stairs with concrete and the flower boxes with soil and some of the most beautiful flowers I have seen. 

We had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment