Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Animals marching gradually into my home

Yes, slowly Robyn and Emma have convinced me to get a male and female Betta fish and two hermit crabs. They did pay for them by themselves and Robyn has started using them for school. She has spent the past couple of months researching both of them and is now writing a book that is a compilation of all the information she has learned about breading the Betta fish. Who said I needed a writing program to teach her writing? On her own she is making several rough drafts and having Aaron and I edit her writing. While we are doing this we are teaching her the rules of grammar and having her look up words misspelled. My kids amaze me, are they really mine? I'm so grateful for the inspiration to home school. It's nice that I am now starting to see more results.

Now we are really running out of room so the pet purchases are going to have to cease until we are in a larger home. Robyn's dream is to have a small shed in the yard equipped with heating, light, a sink and shelves so she can have a small animal zoo. I can't wait for her to be old enough to volunteer at the zoo or our local humane society!

Here are Star Fire (on the left) and Saferia (on the right)

The hermit crab habitat

Here's Mary. The other one has buried herself. Her name was Joseph until they found out she was a girl. Now it's name is Vi (short for Visick).

Another habitat shot

No comments:

Post a Comment