Sunday, July 25, 2010

Butch Cassidy look a like

So a few months back I was going through the biographies and I came across a book with this picture on it. It creeped me out terribly because I thought I was looking at Aaron. I know Aaron's mom told me they were related to Butch Cassidy (aka Robert LeRoy Parker), but after seeing this picture I knew they were related. He was a cousin to Aaron's Grandmother. While we were driving home from Bryce Canyon, we drove through Butches hometown in Circleville, Utah and I was once again reminded of this when we saw the local newspaper that had a front cover story on Butch. For some reason his story fascinated me. My family also lived in the Southern Utah area and one of my relatives was Virgil Kelly who was a famous Sheriff who outlaws feared. I wonder if they ever crossed paths...

I wish I could find a better picture of Aaron that shows how much they look a like. This one almost does the trick. They have the same eye shape, jaw line and even their hair line is the same...

1 comment:

  1. Here's an email my aunt sent me this morning regarding our families knowing each other once upon a time...

    Tina,

    Grandma Jill told me that her mother knew Butch Cassidy when she lived in Dessert. I think they were friends before he turned from Robert LeRoy Parker to the famous Butch Cassidy, so I would assume her Dad, Virgil Kelly, knew him too. Also we had a cousin Joan Racine (Aunt Rutheda's daughter) who passed away about six years ago. She was adopted and two years before she died, she found her birth family. She told me that Butch was a great-grandfather to her.

    Small world. I have always thought Aaron looked like Butch....way before you posted this.

    Love,

    Anna Banana

    ReplyDelete