Sunday, October 30, 2011

Wedding dresses

My sweet sister in law, Sharon, was married this month and had asked me to make flower girl dresses.  For some reason I only got a few pictures so I am hoping to get a few more from my other sister in law who was the photographer for her wedding. (Aaron has 8 sisters.  Sometimes it's hard to keep track! :) )

Here is Gwen in her flower girl attire.  I made an under dress out of purple silk dupioni and an over dress with a sheer silk organza.  I layered large tucks on the bottom and smaller tucks on the bodice of the over dress.  Over that dress I made a large purple silk dupioni sash that tied in the back.  Sharon's new sister in law made the adorible head band.  Her sister Diane did her hair.


Eva wanted a dress too, so I made a smocked dress out of the same silk dupioni.

No comments:

Post a Comment