Tuesday, September 20, 2011

More Dance

Robyn and Emma got to try out ballroom dancing last semester.  Their teacher was amazing and they had a great time.  She had a great talent in getting boys that age to dance and love it.  This is Robyn and Emma just before their second performance at Thanksgiving point.


The videos I took were of their first two performances.  They were in several performances and I was planning on video taping the last one, but to my surprise, they would not let us do that.  It's sad because they were so good at it by the end so I feel these videos of their first performances don't give them justice.  Since the Grandparents couldn't attend, I posted them anyways so they can see a little. 

Robyn is in the Harry potter dance and at this point she did not know the ending.  She missed when they taught it the week before.  I think she did pretty well considering.




Ah yes, and here I am.  I couldn't resist the dancing bug when I found out that there was a ladies dancing group just around the corner from me.  I had a splendid time dancing with these lovely ladies.  Cheap therapy is a good way to describe this time as well.  We would "start" at 9pm and dance (or talk) until we were too tired.  These ladies are all doing amazing things and I have so much to learn from them.  A few of them were dancers for the Utah Jazz or BYU dance teams.  I felt a little lack of talent dancing with them, but they never made me feel that way.  It has been years since I danced this way and my body liked to tell me about it.  Even though I lacked the flexibility that I once had, I was still able to dance.



Us in our wild Africa pose.

Sorry about the video quality on this last one.  The lighting was less than perfect and Aaron was more interested in watching then making a video so at one point it starts to drift.

No comments:

Post a Comment