Sunday, October 31, 2010

Ode to my Old Jeans

So why is it that once you jeans turn into your most favorite comfy jeans that they wear out?! It's so sad to me that this happens. I think I am the most picky when it comes to the way something fits. These jeans have been so nice to wear that I go to great lengths to wear long shirts with them to hide the holes that have developed around the back pockets. I do not like clothes shopping because I'll spend hours trying clothes on and come away with one thing that worked. I remember having battles with my mom with clothes because I didn't like the way they fit. Sure they were cute, but if they were restrictive or uncomfortable in any way I would protest. Perhaps this is the reason why I have a hard time sewing for myself because it's hard to tailor something on your own body. If any of you out there are good at this and are willing to give me some tips I would LOVE it! Now on to my search for the perfect jeans...

Here I am in my current favorite jeans that will soon be in the "jean graveyard" (don't mind the construction in the back ground, that's what happens when your kids take your picture ;), she did a pretty good job otherwise):

A close up shot of the wearing out. Notice the holes in the knees and the fraying around the cuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment