Sunday, October 24, 2010

Just one more stitch!

So my sewing addiction has struck again. It's so fun to create and experiment with children's clothes. Eva needed some new clothes and I have SO much fabric that I would feel waistful not using it for what is needed (even more reason to take my habit out of the closet) and I have a book that I would like to listen to and it's so nice to listen to a book while sewing so here are some thing that were made...
I got the idea for this sweet outfit from a book called, Carefree Clothes for Girls, that my friend Tricia let me look at. The apron was from the book. My favorite part of the apron is the back of it. I love how it gives you a peak to her cute tiny body. Then I took some linin capris that I loved so much that they were no longer wearable to me (due to the holes in the rear) and I made a pair of pants and a skirt. For the skirt I added some lace that my mom found in a vintage shop and had sent me as a gift.


Here are Gwen and Eva together. I made Gwen's dress from a sweater I did not wear anymore and I got the idea from the web site Make It and Love It. I loved making the flowers. They are suprisingly simple and turn out very cute.


Here are some shoes I made for Eve from some leather scraps from the leather store in Salt Lake. I made one pair from felted wool. The wool ones are cute, but they do pill quite badly. They are pretty easy to sew if you are okay with not pinning and are very quick handmade gifts. I bought the pattern from the web site Make It Yourself.



2 comments: