Saturday, March 5, 2011

Grandma's Little Pizza's

When I was a child, I have fond memories of driving to California to visit with Grandma Jill.  I have many fond memories to Husker du to the lemon tree in the back yard.  Most of my memories stem around food.  My favorite thing my Grandma Jill would make are these easy mini pizzas.  I hadn't made them in a long time and decided to try it Kibbie style.  She would make them on English muffins.  Since I can't have them I made my homemade rolls and cut them in half.  The rest of the recipe is as follows:

One can of olives
Home made pizza sauce
shredded cheese

Dice the olive then mix the ingredients together and spoon on to bread halves.  Put them under the broiler for about 5 mins or until the cheese is melted and golden color.

So yummy on a cold winter day!


 I found this non dairy cheese at Whole Foods the other day and love it.  It actually melts and as far as I know it tastes good and there really is no dairy in it.  Aiden, Emma and Eva love it! (for those of you in Utah, it's cheaper at Whole Foods than Good Earth)



No comments:

Post a Comment