Saturday, March 5, 2011

Princess GG Gwenie turns 5


Are you wondering where the name GG gwenie came from?  For those of you who don't know, Gwen is named after my sister Gwen.  One time both of our families were in Washington with the rest of our family for my brother Dan's wedding.  My sister Gwen was pregnant at the time and my kids kept calling her big Gwen.  Being pregnant, I'm sure this was not an easy thing to hear so her husband started calling my Gwen GG.  My Gwen then called herself GG Gwenie and thus the new nick name was born.

What a joy she is to have in my life.  She is a spunky fun loving spirit.  She's beautiful in all respects and loves to care for others.  The other day I found Gwen with her baby sister Eva in their room with the door shut.  I opened to door to find Gwen changing Eva's diaper.  She quickly came to the door and said "Mom leave, I'm helping Eva get dressed for the day.  If you open the door she escapes".  When she is not quiet she is humming or singing a song.  She has a taste for fashion.  Being a more experienced mother now I don't do anything to squash that ability unless she is wearing something that is immodest.  She brings laughter to our family with all the funny things she says and I am so grateful for a beautiful girl like her.

This is the second year in a row that Gwen wanted a princess birthday party.  I figure this desire will die with age.  The wonderful part about this party is that Robyn and Emma took it upon themselves to plan and create this fun event for Gwen.  So here are some pictures of Gwen on her special day.  Do you like her clothing selection?  According to Gwen all princesses are ballerinas too!




No comments:

Post a Comment