Friday, September 16, 2011

Birthdays

This summer we had some birthdays.


Aiden turned 9. He is a very sensitive soul.  In spite of being in the middle of 4 girls he does all he can to prove his manhood.  Sword fighting with his sisters, shooting BB guns, catching bugs, looking for opportunities to scare me (or anyone for that matter), playing in the mud and much more. My favorite part about this "manly man" is at night when the house is quiet I'll here a little whisper from the door "Mommy, will you cuddle me?"  Then he tip toes to the side of my bed and gently climbs in for some last minute cuddles before he is summoned to his own bed.  Then he whispers again "I love you mommy, your the best mom EVER!" I hope when he's old and grown he will still whisper those words to me.


Sweet Eva turned 2.  I can't believe my baby is 2!  Where does the time go?  Her ability to speak is amazing for her age.  Often people think she is younger than she is until they hear her speak.  She reminds me of Robyn at that age.  Her size and speech are so similar, yet she has her own flair.  Eva loves to smile to show her teeth and give "power" hugs where she hugs you really tight and with a clenched jaw she will say "I love you!".  She was a miracle at birth and still continues to amaze me.


Emma turned 11.  She is a beauty, inside and out.  I can always count on Emma to make me smile and to help when asked.  She has a wonderful way of making others feel accepted and loved.  She also has a profound ability to memorize and to recall.  This doesn't always work in my favor.  Emma loves her little sisters.  They often prefer Emma over me.  I am so glad to have a girl like Emma in our family, she makes our home a happy place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment