Wednesday, September 14, 2011

WAY TOO LONG!!

I can't believe I haven't posted anything since April!  Where have I been?!  Well I could tell you.  It might take a few posts.  We have had visitors and have been working really hard in our yard though you probably couldn't tell just by looking at it. 

My amazing sister, Gwen and her wonderful family came to visit for a whole week!  It was wonderful to have them around and be with family. While they were here we went to Park city to ride on the Alpine Slides and for the fourth we ran in the Freedom run marathon.  Nate did the 10K while the rest of us did the 1 mile fun run.  I know, only a mile you ask...I did it with Eva on my back and little people trailing behind.  Does that count?  If not, it doesn't matter, we had a great time!

During that time, my dear friend's son, Josh, came to live with us for a few weeks before he shipped off to boot camp this summer.  I can't believe I used to babysit him when he was a small fry and now he is all grown up!!  He helped us in the yard and gave Aiden a temporary big brother.  Aiden was (and is) so sad to see him go. 

Before he left we picked up another friend's niece who is from France.  Carole came here to practice her English and to help with the kids.  She was so nice to have around as well and was a lot of fun.  We took her all over the Salt Lake Valley. 

I also went on a weekend trip to Washington to attend the spreading of ashes of my dear friend Melissa.  It played on my emotions as we drove through the beautiful scenery of the Western Washington country side and into the beautiful Lake Chelan region where, as children, Melissa and I spent a lot of time camping and swimming with her family.  So many memories flooded into my memory and reminded me how much our friendship meant to me. 


I've also been madly working on a few flower girl dresses for my sister in law Sharon's wedding coming up (pictures will be posted soon, they turned out so cute!!).  Now I'm painting Aiden's/ the guest rooms only to host another set of people.  Aaron's brother Steve and his family are coming to stay with us for the wedding.  I'm so excited to have them come to get a chance to know them a little more.  They got married after we moved to Utah so I haven't had the chance to get to know them as a couple.

Not to mention trying to keep up with the schooling. I am so glad that I am well enough to keep up with all this!!



Aiden with his cousin Max getting ready to brave the slide down the mountain.




Here we are with Josh (next to Aaron) after our first marathon at Freedom days in Provo.



My kids with their Boyack cousins


With Carole at Stewart Falls 


Yes, I know, but Carole really needed an American experience 


Here  I am with my family!! Tim (aka Dad), Dan, Erik, Ron, myself, Gwen and Helen (aka Mom).  I got to be with ALL of them while I was there for a weekend in July


Myself with the Waller family at Melissa and Mary's (Melissa's mom who died and had her ashes spread in the same location) spot on Lake Chelan.

No comments:

Post a Comment