Saturday, March 8, 2008

This is us... The Kibbies



Here's a little history of us. Aaron and I met back in the spring of 1997 on a "lets pass Craig to Tina date" (hosted by my wonderful friends Christy and Janel) Fortunately for me Craig brought the most good looking guy I had ever seen with him, Aaron. When I first saw him a little voice said "you are going to marry him" my thought said "What! I'm only 19!" Well that little voice doesn't lie. Sure enough 10 days later we were engaged, 5 months later, July 18, we were married. I found out later that my parents knew his parents through Civic Light Opera in Seattle where Aaron's dad worked with my parents doing musicals together. So I'm sure at some point we ran together through the halls of that theater. Me, being a huge flirt and Aaron being so good looking. :) A year and a half later we had our first beautiful daughter Robyn Mackenzie. She was born two weeks late (no, I wasn't patient about it) right before Christmas. She's now 9 year old and such an amazing big sister and little girl. 19 months after Robyn was born our beautiful blond, Emma, was born, coming a week and a half early. What a relief that was, after having Robyn so late. I love how passionate she is and she has an ability to love that is so wonderful. 23 months later we finally had our first little man, George Aiden, named after his father, grandfather, great grandfather, etc., etc. A boy, what a great change this brought to our family. He has a sense of humor all of his own and is so good at making us laugh, even when he's not trying ;). 3 ½ years later came our little Gwendolyn Hope, named after Auntie Gwen, Grandma Gwen and Aaron's grandmother Hope. This spacing was something new and quite refreshing. Due to the amount of help that flows from my wonderful older children, it's been an easy ride to have another baby again. I am so grateful that my older children have been a delightful help to me. Gwen is so extremely cute in her little two year old way. I really did take advantage of the "little" time with my older children and wish I could rewind and do their "little" time again with the knowledge I have now! If you have your first "little" one, love them, hold them and laugh as much as you can. It goes SO fast!!!
Us at Steven's wedding in 2005


Here we are at Christmas in 2003

1 comment:

  1. Tina - What about your grandmother Visick? She is Gwendolyn. I didn't even know Aaron had a Gwen in his family. Looking forward to hearing about the education of the Kibbie Kids. Give them all a hug for me. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete